Slider

Getting creative with Pops Of Color

augusztus 30, 2021

 


I love the texture and all the beautiful features of the Pops Of Color medium from Scrapbook.com. I made some slimline cards and a regular one using these and I love them so much! 

I think you can already guess, that I did not use them the usual way, like applying through a stencil or making dots on layouts or cards. I really enjoy finding new was to use them.

I love the bright colors, the smooth texture, and the gorgeous shine. The colors and the shine stays after drying, doesn't fade at all. It dries really hard, doesn't stay sticky and doesn't flatten. I am a fan!!





For the first cards I used a Neenah solar white slimline cardbase.  
I cut some butterflies from white cardstock using the Small Butterfly dies from Pinkfresh Studio. My technique is so easy, I just squeezed a bit of the medium on a scrap paper and dipped the butterflies in it. I created a rainbow from red to lilac. 
I was inspired by a wonderful card design by Hannelie Bester  @hannelie.bester




You have to leave them drying for a half an hour before adhering. I added small dots along the butterflies using coordinating colors. The result is gorgeous, I love all the texture on the butterflies. It shines beautifully, and the colors pop!








The second card is even more easy to create. I took a flat brush. Use a simple brush, not your expensive aquarelle brushes, take a cheep one.  I love the ones you can buy in IKEA on the children section. Cheep and so many uses, doesn't bother if I ruin it. 
So take a brush and squeeze a bit of pops of color on the tip on one side, than another color on the other side.  Now you have two colors on your brush. Apply the medium on the paper, with one two simple moves. Don' brush over several times, because you will loose all those great texture. Just two strokes and ready. Pick colors that work good together. The colors won't mix much, only if you brush it many times, but better to avoid it. 




I have three colored sections on my card. The Pops of colors dries beautiful shiny. I decorated them with vellum butterflies using The Pinkfresh Studio Small Butterflies Hot foil plate and blue foil. The sentiment is from the Scrapbook.com Sticker book. 






I hope you like my cards. Simple and modern! I made REELS that you can find on my TikTok and in my Insta stories @anett.gelencser (In Hungary we don't have REEL yet....so annoying)

Happy crafting!! Anett



Scrapbook.com - Bold Basic Alphabet DIEhttps://shrsl.com/350oe

  

Magic Mat -  Cutting Pad
Magic Mat - Cutting Pad
Shop at:
SBC
Double Sided Adhesive Foam Roll Combo Pack
Double Sided Adhesive Foam Roll Combo Pack
Shop at:
SBC
Craft Tweezers
Craft Tweezers
Shop at:
SBC
  Mixed Media Glass Mat
Mixed Media Glass Mat
Shop at:
SBC


Permanent Adhesive Roller
Permanent Adhesive Roller
Shop at:
SBC
Spring Loaded Scissors
Spring Loaded Scissors
Shop at:
SBC
Smart Craft Glue
Smart Craft Glue
Shop at:
SBC
Mint Tape
Mint Tape
Shop at:
SBC
Double Sided Adhesive Small Foam Squares
Double Sided Adhesive Small Foam Squares
Shop at:
SBC
Clear Double Sided Adhesive Roll
                Clear Double Sided Adhesive Roll
Shop at:
SBC


Sizzix - Cutting Pads Ballet Slipper Pink With Glitter
Sizzix - Cutting Pads                   
Shop at:
SBC
Smooth Cardstock Paper Pad - Slimline
Smooth Cardstock Paper Pad - Slimline
Shop at:
SBC

2 megjegyzés:

  1. These are so gorgeous Anett! Thanks so much for sharing your technique! 💛 I had to come and pin them :D Have a beautiful day xK

    VálaszTörlés

Üzemeltető: Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

COPYRIGHT © Anett Gelencsér

COPYRIGHT © Anett Gelencsér