Slider

Beautiful effect created with stencils and ink blending!

szeptember 24, 2020





Hi all! :D So happy that you popped in! It is always a pleasure to see that you are interested to read and see my blog posts and inspired by my work! Thank you so much! It means a lot to me! ♥


I am quite new to ink blending because I was not experienced enough to use the flat ink bending tool perfectly. I was never pleased with my results. I am sure, if I practiced more I would be better bye now, but, now I have the Scrapbook.com blending tool with the domed foam and and the fun blending brushes, and it is much easier. I love to blend and I am trying new techniques. 


I used Pinkfresh Studio dies co cut my base and the lovely white border on the card. These are the Slim Stitched Rectangles. 


The stencil is called Mums, and it is an exclusive product of Scrapbook.com. And the ink cubes are the Pinkfresh Studio Ink cubes. I wanted to use autumn vibe colors, so I took Regal Kiss and Clementine. I was wondering If I will get an ugly brown color in the middle, because if you mix violet with orange you get a not really nice brown color. But I thought brown will be a nice addition, as it is one of the fall colors. 






So I went ahead and made my first layer of color. For this I used one of my blending brushes, because it is the easiest to apply a light blend. I blended the two colors together in the middle, but not too much, a little brown is just enough ;)  You see it is a really light blend, not too dark. 







Next I took my stencil, placed it right over the top of my card, then I flipped them over and secured it from the back side with the MINT tape from scrapbook.com. It works much better for me than washi tapes! I don't know purple tape, but I LOVE the Mint tape. It is a bit paper like, but with a smooth surface and low tack. It is easy to tear off, and doesn't harm my cardstock at all. I can use is over and over in a project. 


I secured my stencil and start blending the second layer with the same technique and the same color inks using the SBC domed blending tool. This lets me apply much color. I intensify the color so it stand out from the first blend. This way the pattern of the stencil stand out beautifully. 


When you peel off the stencil, it leaves behind an awesome pattern. Love it!!!






It is beautiful as it is, but of course I need some sentiment to finish off. 


The Thinking of you WORD DIE from Scrapbook.com is perfect for slimline cards and for layouts too, I love the written style of it! I finished the card with some stickers from the new SBC Sticker book - black, white and gold and some acetate flower ephemera from Pinkfresh Studio.  


I hope you like it, and feel inspired to try this technique! I just recorded a video using this tone on tone blending using stencils on a Birthday Card for World Card Making Day! It will be presented on Scrapbook.com YouTube channel. I will inform you about the date as soon a I know!


Have nice day, and happy crafting friends!




I used these supplies!

Using these links will never add any additional cost for you! This commission will go a long way in supporting this little blog and helping create new, exciting content and make giveaways. If you like my creations and would like to support me in my creative work, please buy your products through my links. It means a lot to me ♥



Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése

Üzemeltető: Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

COPYRIGHT © Anett Gelencsér

COPYRIGHT © Anett Gelencsér