Slider

Happy Birthday Cards using Colorful Cardstock and Cold Foiling

november 16, 2020

I was so excited to receive the awesome new Smooth Cardstock from Scrapbook.com. I was ready to create with them, to use them for some projects. It was sure, that I will use them for a project with rainbow colors. I think it is obvious, am I right? 





I came up with the idea to use the Botanical Boarders with Sentiments stamp set - that is a new exclusive product from Scrapbook.com - and create fun Birthday cards! Here are the cards I created.



I used the Color block stripes cutting plate from Pinkfresh Studio and cut stripes from the colorful cardstock. Did I mention, that they are card size?! So awesome!

I adhered the stripes in rainbow order on a scrap paper, but only two third of them. Here you can see it on the picture from the front, and on the next photo from the backside.






I had the idea to curl the stripes up on the loose side, to create some fun dimension, but then came the next idea with the foiling! 

Do you know the new liquid adhesive from Scrapbook.com? It is called SMART Glue, and it's best feature is, that it is a tacky glue, so it stays tacky after drying. So I took an old small brush and applied the Smart glue on the loose part of the rainbow stripes. Really important, that you should apply it on the backside!! Now just let it dry, and after drying put the foil on it with gentle strokes :) It is that easy :D












I curled up the edges and stamped my sentiment on a black cardstock and embossed it with gold embossing powder. I think it is really happy and shiny!












The other card is a product of a mistake... haha 

I almost throw it in the bin, after I put the foil on it upside down, and as I removed it, the adhered foil tore the cardstock on many places. But I did not give up, I put a generous amount of Smart glue on the torn places, and put the foil on it again, but this time the right side of it. The gold foil covered the torn places. I arranged the pieces of stripes in a fun way, and the card is ready. 
The sentiment is from the Botanical Boarders with Sentiments stamp set. 







Did you read my whole post? You are a star!!! Thank you, I hope you enjoyed it and you pop in next time as well! 

By Lovelies!



I used these supplies! ♥

Using these links will never add any additional cost for you! If you like my creations and would like to support me in my creative work, please click on my links to buy your products. It means a lot to me ♥



4 megjegyzés:

  1. Sorry, Anett -
    I was just trying to leave you a note when POOF! I think the message went! I was saying that both the cards are lovely, that you know how to make lemonade out of lemons, and I was thinking that if you had not said there was an error along the way, I would never have known. By the way... to help you a tiny bit in the language department: "stroked" would not usually be used in this way. You could say you applied the glue, you spread the glue, you put on the glue, but "stroked" is more for petting animals (she stroked her cat absentmindedly, etc.). Please don't be insulted. I teach languages and I offer you this feedback with the mindset of helping you improve -- although your English is unbelievably good already!! Kudos!!
    Thanks for providing a lovely break from my day -- right between students and faculty meeting.
    Lori S in PA

    VálaszTörlés
    Válaszok
    1. Oh dear Lori! ♥ Thank you so much for taking your precious time to write me, and after loosing it to write me again!!! You made my day! Yes, I made lemonade out of lemons :D, but I must admit, I was to tired or more too lazy, to cut new stripes again. I just heard it in my mind "Make it work"! Thank you so much with helping me with English language! I don't feel insulted at all, I am happy for your help! I started making English voice overs on my videos, and I must tell you, the fist one was horrible to hear. I sound so good in my head, but when I hear myself back...omg. Well, time and practice helps I know ♥♥♥ Have nice day Lori! Stay healthy!

      Törlés
  2. What a great idea!! What a great cards. Love it!!!

    VálaszTörlés

Üzemeltető: Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

COPYRIGHT © Anett Gelencsér

COPYRIGHT © Anett Gelencsér