Slider

I tried the new MAGIC MATs from Scrapbook.com

január 02, 2021



I am sure you did ask this question yourself too. Well I did :D  I am so lucky that Scrapbook.com sent all three sizes of the Magic Mat for me testing it using it and telling my opinion to you! 

You must know that I only tell you my honest opinion, I don't recommend product to you that I don't like and use every day!   

Now I have these new Magic Mat for some time and I used it, tested it with simple dies, and really intricate ones, so I am ready to tell you my experience.  

There are three sizes. I did not use the small one, as I don't have a small die cutting machine. I used the standard size with my Spellbinders Platinum Six, this one is a limited edition in turquoise color. It fits perfectly. I also used the long one with my slimline dies. 

My sandwich is: first the big base plate, then comes the Magic Mat, paper, dies and finally a plastic plate- in my case a Sizzix Ballett Slipper plate. You can buy the plastic mats in pair, but with the Magic Mat you only need one on the top. You have a spare one. 

Well, I think these pair of plastic plates will least me maybe forever?? as using it together with the Magic Mat, it stayed beautiful, only small scratches, almost nothing. It is still bright, no cracking, no loud noises.

* The Magic Mat is made of self-healing material. This doesn't mean that you wont see any cut lines on the surface at all. You do see the cut lines a bit, the dies leave impressions, but they close and these impressions are really small. 

* It is made from recycled materials! YAY!

* It is double sided and you can and also should use both sides. After many uses it can warp a bit, so it is the best if you use both sizes for cutting. 

* It has gridlines, so you can align your material for precise workflow. 




The first time I used it, it went through my machine so easily that I thought maybe I did something wrong and left out from my sandwich a plate....but it was everything perfect, and the cut was beautiful!!! My right ankle hurts a bit, and I am so happy that It so much easier to turn the handle when cutting on the Magic Mat! 

Every time I used my die cutting machine, my dog ran away, as he is so afraid the noises. The loud cracking makes him leave. But with the Magic Mat, it is much quieter, and he stay in his bed, looking at me, but stays there 😂😂 I think he not afraid any more!

So it is perfect and so easy to use with most of the dies. But I wanted to test it with more intricate dies too! My most intricate die is the Intricate Mandala die from Pinkfresh Studio. This is REALLY intricate and it did not cut well for the first time. For cutting with this I needed and extra sheet of cardstock paper in my sandwich. I am sure a metal shim would work great, but I don't have any, so I simply put a sheet of cardstock under the Magic Mat and the cut with the mandala die is just perfect and beautifully rounded. I also use a paper shim if I use specialty paper, like glitter cardstock. 






My conclusion:

* really like to use it! I grab to it all the time! 

* it cuts great with average dies. If the die is intricate or doesn't cut through, just add a paper or metal shim.

* small impressions stay on the mat, but they are really small

*it can warp after many-many uses, but you can heat it with a heat tool to flatten (I did not do it mine,  as it did not warp yet, but repaired a cutting mat with this method) 

* it is quiet, runs though the machine like a charm, 

* Maybe the two Sizzix plates will last me forever ??? as it is still so beautiful, just tiny impressions, and no cracking, no warping!! And there is still a spare one!

* at least....it was so funny to read so much about how these mats smell 😁😂 You know some kind of plastic mats have a strong odor, that fades away after a couple of days, and I thought maybe these ones will smell the same, but they did not smell that bad at all! It had a little smell if I hold it right to my nose, but it is not bad at all! For me smelling it was not an issue. 

You can see me using the Magic Mat in this video, I am really happy with them!!




I think it is worth purchasing a Magic Mat, especially as it is on SALE. It costs $ 9,99 - at the moment and this is REALLY worth!!

The problem is that I live in Europe, so purchasing an exclusive product from Scrapbook.com is not really worth for me, because of the high shipping costs. I know many of my readers agree. Unfortunately I don't have a solution for this :( 

But for you in the US just go for it! ♥

Using these links will never add any additional cost for you! If you like my creations and would like to support me in my creative work, please click on my links to buy your products. It means a lot to me ♥ I only recommend product that I also use and love!

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése

Üzemeltető: Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

COPYRIGHT © Anett Gelencsér

COPYRIGHT © Anett Gelencsér